How Can A Public Adjuster Get Me A Better Settlement?
You have just suffered an emotionally upsetting loss to your home or business. You now face the task of preparing and submitting a complicated claim to your insurance company—a task required by your policy.
For most, the preparation of a property damage insurance claim is unfamiliar and rough terrain: depreciation, exclusions, replacement cost, actual cash value... At times, the list seems endless, but it is your responsibility to prepare and prove your claim to the insurance company.
In order to be successful, you will need to have a thorough understanding of insurance coverages and the adjustment process. Given the scope of the loss you have just suffered, are you prepared to take on this task?
Many policyholders have asked the same questions: How do I estimate my loss? Will I recover enough to rebuild? Can I do this myself? Will the insurance company's settlement be fair and accurate?
The technical language of an insurance policy and the complicated procedures an insured must follow to comply with the policy’s terms are often complex and confusing. Many important terms are not even defined in the policy. A Public Adjuster gives the client the advantage of expertise derived from representing thousands of policyholders who have faced similar losses. A Public Adjuster relieves the client of time-consuming and difficult issues associated with preparing and filing a claim. The result: a prompt and fair settlement.
Professional Loss Adjusters helps in every phase of the claim process, as well as expediting payment. We get better results because we:
• Perform a thorough review and analysis of your insurance policy to determine how it can be used to help you recover from the loss as quickly and economically as possible.
• Assist you in making the critical decisions that will affect you as a result of the loss.
• Advise you how we can integrate the claim with the restoration efforts without disruption to your home or business operations, so that you can focus on recovery.
• Help expedite insurance progress payments.
• Make an on-site analysis of the building damage and prepare a detailed estimate of the cost to reconstruct the property.
• Attend to the detail work of a property and contents claim, and if we are dealing with a business loss, we work to prepare a business interruption and extra expense claim.
• Present and support a detailed and itemized claim package to your insurer.
• Keep you apprised of the status of your claim. Your approval is required before the claim is settled.
• Create an extensive, photographic inventory of the loss for insurance documentation.
• Maintain good relations with your insurance company.
• Secure the best possible settlement in the shortest time frame.
Our service fee represents a small percentage of the claim settlement, and is regulated by the state in which we are working. This is offset by a better settlement than you would be able to obtain on your own.
Pictured above: Cambridge, Massachusetts condo fire, before and after.